
Karlee got to go in the pool! We went for a walk around Mission Lake (or is Mission Viejo Lake?) When we got back Sione kindly asked why I was the only one that was red. Ummm, thanks pointing it out Sione!! (1-they have longer legs. 2-we don't have hills 3-duh, I'm out of shape) :) Anyway, for dinner we went to Tortilla Flats on the lake, which is always a good choice and Karlee had fun taking pictures of Kira with my cellphone. I wish we could have spent more time together. It went by too fast but it was good to see them all.
Above: Karlee and Cole - Below:Vaughn 
Grandma and Tara came to pick us up that night and we spent Friday at the park and shopping. Fri night Gina/Rob/Julianna and Heather and her kids came over for a BBQ and we had a great time talking. Karlee loved seeing her cousins. Julianna was kissing and hugging Karlee all over. Very cute!
Above:Julianna hugging Karlee - Below:Emmalee 
Sat am my parents came to pick us up and we drove down to El Cajon to see Tate, Jody and Jocelyn. We spent some cuddling and talking before going to our hotel.
Above:Jocelyn, Karlee and KK - Below: Jocelyn sleeping 
Then we picked up Tate and went to visit Jared. He is renting a nice home in San Diego and just got a dog, Ginger. He has a wall with huge Mario Brothers wall stickers on it to make it look like the video game. Brett would love it! We played around with his amazing media set up and laughed at Tate trying out Wii Fit for the first time. Then we headed out to Pacific Beach for some Sushi. Very good! Karlee tried the kid chopsticks but after missing her mouth 5 times, mean old mommy made her use her fork. Without food, that one gets alittle grouchy later on. We went to Tate's and had fun playing Taboo with them and Jody's family. Sunday am it ended up raining but not too bad. Jocelyn's blessing was beautiful. Michael and Christine came down from LA and it was great to see them. Afterward we went to Jody's grandfather's home for a lunch. What wonderful people! Karlee really took to Grandpa Frank and they walked the dogs and had alot of fun together. We had a lovely time visiting and playing games. (Note to self - you are horrible at Mad Gab...dont' buy it) We played Mafia and Tate and I were both it twice and then I got it again! I traded cards with him and told him to kill me off first. It's all about delegation. :)
Above: All of us at the zoo - Below: Joss in her hat and glasses, so cute!
Monday we went to the zoo with Tate/Jody and Michelle/Juan and their kids. The rain was gone and left the sky sunny and calm. We got two shows on animal reproduction...it's spring afterall. One was quite..interesting. :p

Above: Panda eating- Below: Karlee and Nana in the Skytram

And we were lucky to see the panda's during their few hours of awake time. It was a wonderful day and we really enjoyed getting to know Michelle and Juan and their kids. We are so glad were able to share Jocelyn's special day with Tate and Jody. We lvoe them and are so happy for this new blessing in their life.
Tate and Jody dropped us off at the airport about 7:15ish. Our flight was in two hours so we had plenty of time. There were no lines so we got ourselves settled in for the wait and Karlee was out in minutes. She's had a long day and I was not surprised. When it was time to get on the plane I tried to wake her up. Her eyes opened half way, they rolled back and she was out again. She just went to the doctor so I can tell you she is 42 lbs. Keep that in mind. It's 9:00pm after a day at the zoo. I pick her up and make my way down the tunnel praying that there are seats close to the door cuz this child is heavy! I board the plane and 2 seats in the first row are free. Yeah! I plop her down and she is still unconscience. I get organized and then reach over to belt her in. She is limp and the seat is slippery and she keeps sliding down. The girl next to me is chuckling and can't beleive Karlee hasn't woken up. Finally, the belt in cinched tight enough that she won't slide down and I feel all done in. I can't wait for an hour of quiet. When we land in Sac she still hadn't moved. I try again to wake her up. I know that if she won't I'll be carrying her all the way through the airport to the baggage claim...that's 42 lbs+backpack+purse. Of course, she doesn't wake up and I huff my way down the long hall to the escalator. I don't see Mark anywhere so I head for baggage claim and plop her down again. This time, however, she wakes up. She looked up at me, looked around and says "But I wanted to go on the airplane." Ugh! Luckily she easily accepted the fact that she slept through it all and we walked over to get our baggage. Mark got there soon after and we went home. What a trip!!!
5 comments:
What a fun trip! Wish we could've mad it down to see you two!
Edit: That was supposed to be made not "mad" :)
Well done! Your story covered it all. Tate did a beautiful job with Jocelyn's blessing. What a wonderful trip!
Wow, in that 1st pic Karlee looks so much older! What a cutie! Sounds like you had a good time. :)
haha That's so funny that she didn't even knew she had flown all the way to Sacto. :)
Post a Comment