It's been awhile since I've posted anything so I thought I should at least write something. It's been pretty much the same ol', same ol' around here.
Mark's cross country season is wrapping up in a couple of weeks. He has been driving alot, trying to finish up students before the next wave of sign-ups happen. I am plugging along in my accounting class. I hope to find a child to watch when the class is over to help with our income. (If you know of anyone who needs childcare come Dec, let me know!) Tori is doing well in band. She has been reading alot lately and recently finished 'The Fellowship of the Ring'(29 AR pts. Yeah!) and is currently on Goose Girl. Brett is at Shady Creek Science camp right now with his 6th grade class. It is weird not having him here but we know he is soaking it up. He is really enjoying playing the trumpet and is hitting well in his fall ball baseball season. Brenna is half way through her soccer season. She is glad she tried it but will be passing the uniform down to Karlee next year. Bren is really into drawing and crafts right now. (Tori was the same at this age.) She has already written a letter to Santa in which she asked for a desk to do her drawings on. :) Karlee...Karlee I'm annoyed with at the moment so I will try to think of something happy. :) She is doing very well with her letter names and sounds and sight words. It is starting to click. She is very social and happy in Kindergarten and is obsessed with a boy named Aaron Garcia. Not to worry, the rest of the girls in the class are too. We have been having a power struggle lately and I am praying that the idea that I am the mom and need to be listened to will 'click' soon. Yeah, I know. Good luck with that.
We've been blessed to have good friends who enjoy the type of games we like. Our newest ones are Agricola, Puerto Rico and Carcassone. One of our friends ordered 3 new games (Dominion card game, Power Grid and I cant' remember the last one) and we can't wait for them to invite us over...hint hint!
We were given tickets to the Kings/Jazz game last weekend and enjoyed taking Tori, Brett and Braden to that. We've never been so they were stoked and really got into the cheering, even though the Kings lost.
We had a fun time on Monday at the Oborn's carving pumpkins, meeting new people and seeing friends from before the original ward split. It is amazing that you can live in the same town, belong to the same church, and never see one another. That happens in our wards too. You become close to someone when working with them in a calling and then one day you are released and you hardly see them again. It's all very strange.
I've been working on Christmas presents. Though it feels like I can never get one totally complete. Ugh. All in good time, I guess.
Ok, time to get Karlee out of time out, though in all honesty I'd be fine with her sitting on her bed til lunch time. So make a note that I am resisting that instinct and will go talk to her. Hopefully our day gets better after that.
6 comments:
Thanks for the update! There's your Christmas letter right there. One more thing to cross off the list :) You all sound so busy, but a fun busy.
Good luck with Karlee!
P.S. And I did read it even though there weren't any pictures ;)
I always hoped that when I went to "release" them from time-out on their bed that they would be asleep - usually they were so tired from being crabby that they did fall asleep. Good luck with her!
Karlee Karlee Karlee,, i think i might have a Karlee on my hands.. we'll see. Kira listens but she is stubborn and likes to have things her way, i mean what girl/kid doesnt. We miss you guys like crazy. I try to look at everyone's blog at least once a week.
love you
We have only learned 2 of them...so soon enough we will let you in on the fun!...
stubborn - could it be an inherited trait? :) ?!?
Post a Comment