Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Deal, deal, deal

Tori and I do not usually have good luck clothes shopping for her. It's usually ardurous and fruitless. We went to Kohl's last night (with my 30% off coupon!) and found stuff for Mark and Xmas, a jacket for Tori but no church clothes...which was the whole point of the trip. At 8:45 we decided to head to Macy's. I had a 20% off coupon. They closed in 15 minutes and so we decided to look around and come back later if we found that there was some potential. In we go, racing to the juniors section. All there are are spaghetti strap or strapless dresses, which we were prepared for. How short they all are we were not. After going through several of the clearance racks I sent her to the dressing room with 3-4 dresses, while I kept looking. I find 2 more and work my way to the fitting room. As I walk in I notice the hanging discarded clothes and go through them, finding a cute blue dress that was longer than the rest. The loud speaker comes on telling us all purchases must be made as the store in closing. I hand the new stuff to Tori, helping her change as quickly as possible. Two of the dresses she is happy with (miracle of miracles), one of them being from the discarded rack and we rush out to buy them. It takes a few minutes of speed wlaking to find an open register. The worker scans the first dress. $9.00. I'm afraid to ask if that is right. But when he looks down he says, "Wow. That's a great deal." Phew! Tori is perking up, clearly elated about the good deal. He scans the second dress....the blue one from the discarded rack, the one I never even looked at the tag. $8.42. SWEET!! We are elated! I can't use my coupon but when you pay less than $20 for two dresses it's not really a issue. Finally, a successful shopping trip with Tori!! (PS. sorry for waking you up mom! we just had to tell you!)

1 comment:

Snow Family said...

A cute dress is always cuter when you get a good deal!!

About Us

MARK AND KARINA GOT MARRIED ON DECEMBER 17, 1994. TORI - 14 years old, likes tennis BRETT - 12years old, likes baseball and Social Studies. BRENNA - 8 years old, likes singing and drawing KARLEE - 6years old, likes watching movies and dancing. We are very blessed and happy!