Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wednesday's Work is Done

About 5 months ago I bought a shower curtain and paint and started collecting bits and pieces to redo the front bath. It has been dragonflies for 5 years and it was time to let it grow up a bit.

Karlee was home sick today so while she was vegging out on the couch I took advantange of not having to go anywhere and started on the bathroom. I had stenciled dragonflies all over the room so the first thing I had to do was prime, over and over again, so the color and texture didn't leak through. It took all day but here is the (almost) final product. I still need to get outlet covers...I had bought the wrong kind. Enjoy the pix!....or better yet, come up and visit and enjoy the new bathroom for yourselves! hehe


Taped and edges painted
Fill it in

Take tape off

This is the shower curtain I got on craigslist for $10(w/hooks) and the reason we went with yellow. There is sage in it to but I couldn't find a paint color that looked right.

I got the new accessories at TJ Max for about $15. Not bad! I really wanted to get new lighting, faucet and mirror..but it just wasn't in the cards...or our budget. I'm happy with it though. :)

3 comments:

Brad and Jennet said...

Looks good! Can't wait to come up and see it ;)

Cody, Holly and Analise said...

How cute! It's so much fun to do something new it just feels good no matter what you spend!

Karen said...

I hate to paint - but you have to do it to make a change - one of those necessary evils I suppose.

About Us

MARK AND KARINA GOT MARRIED ON DECEMBER 17, 1994. TORI - 14 years old, likes tennis BRETT - 12years old, likes baseball and Social Studies. BRENNA - 8 years old, likes singing and drawing KARLEE - 6years old, likes watching movies and dancing. We are very blessed and happy!