Thursday, September 11, 2008

The joy of an unpicky child



After having the pickest eater at home with me, I am having fun expanding Karlee's horizons. I am determined to have one child like me! At Ikea I didn't have to buy a PB sandwich and cringe when only one bite was taken. She split a plate of swedish meatballs, potatoes and veggies with me and ate everything. Today we tried fish and chips and she dug right in. No, "Yuk, I don't like that." It is so pleasant! We have also had grilled tomato and cheese sandwiches and she ate the tomatoes! If you have any suggestions of what we should try next, send it along!

2 comments:

Cheney Family said...

I wish I was so lucky :) One of the things that I love for breakfast is a good fritata (sp?).

2 eggs
2 egg white
1/2 red bell pepper diced
2 scallions chopped
1 piece cooked bacon crumbled
sometimes left over cooked veggies, diced

scramble eggs, pour into heated frying pan. Pour everything else on top. Don't stir. When edges pull away and you can lift it a little, place in broiler for about 5 min to cook top. (5 pts for whole thing)

My kids would never touch it. In fact they will only eat eggs if they are drenched in syrup :s

Susanne said...

eggs in syrup?? That is something I don't think I want to touch.

anyhow, my kids LOVE shrimp... cooked up just about any which way. grilled, sauteed, whatever. They love those mango shrimp wraps of Debbie's.

About Us

MARK AND KARINA GOT MARRIED ON DECEMBER 17, 1994. TORI - 14 years old, likes tennis BRETT - 12years old, likes baseball and Social Studies. BRENNA - 8 years old, likes singing and drawing KARLEE - 6years old, likes watching movies and dancing. We are very blessed and happy!