
We had a great time skiing at Sugar Bowl yesterday! The weather and snow were perfect! It was raining on the drive up, so we were slightly worried but about 20 min before we got there it stopped and never came near the mountain. Phew! After getting the run around about lessons, Karlee and Brenna started their class with Ashlin...just the two of them! Always go skiing during the week!! Nana, Papa, Tori, Brett and I headed off and had a great time! Sidewinder and Christmas Tree were the hits of the day. After a break for lunch we headed over to the board park so Brett could 'play around" which consisted of him trying to go off jumps. He made valiant efforts...some of which he made it over the jump. :) I especially enjoyed seeing Tori and Brett take advice and work on improving their skills. I headed over to see Karlee and Brenna and got some clips of them skiing. Brenna caught on very quickly and was soon going down on her own. She still needs help off the lift but that will come with practice. Karlee is still working on making a 'pizza' to slow down. In the next couple of years she'll be doing great. I took Karlee so Bren could have a one and one with the teacher. By the end of the day she was starting to make turns! Very fun! The day ended with everyone having a positive experience... and with kids that is an essential point. If they can like it while their young, they'll grow up to love it. We missed not having Mark there but hopefully next year he can come! I'll post more pix, and hopefully the videos, later.
No comments:
Post a Comment