Friday, February 6, 2009
Delegation
I have a talent. It is procrastination. I am doing it right now. I have a huge list of things to do that doesn't fit into the 37 minutes before I have before I pick up the kids from school. This makes me pull out the ol' blinders and head for the hills. If I can't see the list and am not near, it doesn't have to be done, right? One of the things on my list is take a shower and get ready for the day. It was OK to go to Winco the way I am (I won't describe it...it's too horrifing) because everyone else looks the same. But I don't think the parents at the Blue and Gold dinner would appreciate it very much. Do you ever wish that was something you could delegate, like setting the table and taking out the trash? "Honey, while you're in there, could you get ready for me?" Man, that would save me time everyday! If I would look alright in short hair I could do it in a hardbeat. Alas, I don't, so I have to go through the 30 min. process daily. I can do it faster but I save that for girls camp. I have now wasted 8 minutes and am feeling better about tackling the list. Sometimes you just need to step back and breathe in order to go forward. Luckily, I only have 29 mintues left so I can procrastinate the "getting ready" til later. (Ok, I cheated. I used more time on purpose.) But with that option gone I can now work on the list. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Us
- THE SNOW FAMILY
- MARK AND KARINA GOT MARRIED ON DECEMBER 17, 1994. TORI - 14 years old, likes tennis BRETT - 12years old, likes baseball and Social Studies. BRENNA - 8 years old, likes singing and drawing KARLEE - 6years old, likes watching movies and dancing. We are very blessed and happy!
1 comment:
you are so funny! i just chopped all my hair off! i hate getting ready. michael often asks me what he can do for me. and sometimes i say, can you shower and get dressed for me. he just laughs.
Post a Comment