Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mark Sings his first public event!!!

Well, the STaff versus Senior basketball was coming up and I was excited to ball it up with the trash talking seniors when the email came around that they were looking for staff to sing the National Anthem. YEah, I said. I have been waiting for the opportunity and here it was. So I said yes. Last night was the game and there I was with two other staff members freaking out in front of about 1000 people! dang!! dang!! DANG!!!! Our soprano was awesome, I did not even know she sang! beautiful voice!! she did the first verse, you know how it goes; Jose can you see by the dawn... then came me and my deep bass. Needless to say the crowd went crazy!! Its an odd sound when you have such a soft sweet voice followed by a two octaves lower range and that coming from MR. SNOW!!! After the inital shock value, they dug it and we finished out the fourth verse in rousing fashion and the crowd was lovin' it. everyone seemed to like my singing so I am not toooo traumatized by the experience. The game went great too. We won by a bucket!! I scored 12 of our 28 points and everyone patted me on the back today at school!! People were amazed by my shooting prowess. I just yawned and said, "yep, it kept falling for me." Really, I was totally excited by my performance and felt good about all the attention!

2 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

where's the video or recording??? I need to hear this to get the full effect of the amazing event. :)
jody

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

You're such a baller Mark. :)
Tate

About Us

MARK AND KARINA GOT MARRIED ON DECEMBER 17, 1994. TORI - 14 years old, likes tennis BRETT - 12years old, likes baseball and Social Studies. BRENNA - 8 years old, likes singing and drawing KARLEE - 6years old, likes watching movies and dancing. We are very blessed and happy!