
After teaching preschool and taking a desperately needed nap, I picked the kids up from school and headed out to Tori's track meet in Granite Bay. (Because of budget cuts we now have to get our kids to their meets.$$$)The atmosphere was expentant and fun. You could feel the newness of the event. Very fun te see these 6-8th graders try something for the first time. Tori did very well. She ran well as the second leg in the 4 by 1. The last hand off fumbled, so our team didn't finish, but it was their first time and they are looking forward to working on that. In the long jump, Tori got second of the 7th grade girls with a jump of 11 ft 1 in. Then she told us that she scratched all three jumps but that they did't worry about scratches. I don't know if they are doing that just for the first meet or if it'll be that way every meet. She realized she ran slower in her run through than in her real jumps so finding her starting point was tricky. I'm enjoying seeing her learn and understand all the little things Mark has been talking about for years. I had settled the girls in the stands before realizing all of Tori's events were on the other side. So here is one poor shot of her. (Notice her red spikes!!Make it easy to find her on the field:) I will get better shots in the future. We have 5 more meets to go!
1 comment:
Cool! Can't wait to hear the future updates.
Post a Comment