Monday, May 25, 2009

White=AM, Blue=PM

I reinjured my left foot this week and it's quite sore. Sat night we spent the night at the ranch and all the playing and walking around aggravated it even more. We came down Sun morning for church and had to stop at the house for a couple of things. While home I thought I'd take some Tylonol to help with the pain. I had to teach my class and do sharing time and didn't want that nudging distraction. I have a supersized bottle of Exedrin but didn't see the Tylonol. Then I found a bottle of generic non-asprin...perfect. Grabbed three of them, popped them in and I was on my way.
So we are sitting in church, singing the sacrament hymn and my eyes are shutting. They are lead heavy. I'm having a hard time singing...my mouth does not want to work. I finally give in and close my eyes. I'm awake but can feel my body shutting down, sinking into sleep and I'm fighting it, fighting it hard. I'm trying to figure out why I'm so tired. I didn't fall asleep until after midnight (thanks to Tonks,the fat cat), and woke up at 6:15 (thanks to Minnie the goat) but that really doesn't explain this extremely heavy feeling.
I think back and picture myself in the bathroom popping 3 pills in my mouth...3 blue pills. Umm....isn't Tylonol PM blue? Yes, I think it is. Oh no! I took THREE sleeping pills!! And I have to teach and do sharing time!! And then we were going back up to the ranch for dinner! I feel a kind of gitty horror. How am I going to do this? It is laughable. Here comes my untimely ability to laugh at bad situations...a condition I often get glares for...thankfully I am the victim, not someone else. I am listening to the first high council speaker, who does a good job but for the life of me I can't remember a thing, and the rest hymn and 2nd speaker are truly beyond me. I can tell sacrament mtg is wrapping up and I try hard to pull myself awake, to open my eyes, to comprehend anything being said. I finally manage to keep my eyes open for 5 minutes and think, ok, there is hope. I go to the library and confess what happens to several people, who, understandably, laugh. My class is asking if I'm ok and so I have to confess to them too. I think only one truly appreciated my dilemna. We go into sharing time and I tell one of the counselors just to warn them...she tells me not drive and asks how my foot is. (I can't feel a thing) I am still a bit dazed and am hoping sharing time comes off ok. The girls really like doing this and I'm afraid it's going to dissappoint (which it did). They turn the time over to our class and I jerk up with a start. I hade zoned. The counselor I'd told is laughing...I grin. We do sharing time...only one small moment when the other teachers are trying to help and I just can't focus on what they are saying....and then it was done. I sit down and shut off. We go home and I think it's the first time I hear the kids to tell me have a Diet Coke...they always tell me not to..they are right but today I don't have luxury of a nap and need to wake up...so caffine it is. After a couple hours and a couple of cokes, I am in awake and in pain so I take another 3 Tylonols, this time, the WHITE kind. ;)
Couple of thoughts inspired from this experience. #1 Label all bottles CLEARLY. The PM on that bottle was very small. You can be sure it now has a large black PM on the side. #2 - What does it say about me that I can fight off 3 sleeping pills? or What does it say for the product? I really don't know. #3 - Learn to laugh at yourself. It's the only way to go.

1 comment:

Cheney Family said...

AAAHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA That is so funny and sad :D But good for you for staying at church! I totally would have handed my responsibilities to someone else and gone home. hhmmm I guess that's why my calling is the ward bulletin ;)

About Us

MARK AND KARINA GOT MARRIED ON DECEMBER 17, 1994. TORI - 14 years old, likes tennis BRETT - 12years old, likes baseball and Social Studies. BRENNA - 8 years old, likes singing and drawing KARLEE - 6years old, likes watching movies and dancing. We are very blessed and happy!