Most of you know how much Mark and I (and Tori) love to play games. Settlers, Aricola, Puerto Rico, Aquire, Ticket to Ride, Stone Age, etc... We have wanted to go to a convention for a couple of years. Conventions have huge game libaries where you can check out a game, play it and give it back...free. No paying for it online + shipping, hoping and praying it is going to be good enough to be worth the money you spent. You also get to play with strangers. No hurt feelings, you play to win. So I began looking for conventions. All the big ones are in the midwest or east coast..Indiana, Penn, Maryland, Virginia. Urg! We don't have $2000 for Mark and I to go play board games.
Then today, I found ConQuest. Aha! A series of small gaming conventions on the west coast...and there is one here in Sacramento!! In March! WooHoo! Sept there is one in Santa Clara only a few hours away! I am so excited. I immediately emailed Mark and some friends we normally play with. Then I called my mom to see if she can take B,B & K for the weekend, which she can. Yipee! They give the option of getting free enterance if you volunteer. I don't know if it would be worth it this time around as we could only go 2 of the 3 days, but maybe next time. I know I am a dork but I love it anyway. :)
6 comments:
haha You guys are funny. I'm jealous though. Sounds like a blast.
Tate
What fun for you! I'd go if I had someone to go with!
so Tori would go with you? That sounds like fun!
Sounds like a fun, new experience! playing games is fun.
where do you find all these games? i'm interested in finding out how to play them. but sadly, we don't have friends. i guess we wouldn't be playing much.
Talk Cody into it because it's not working for me! I think I'll just have my own gaming convention at our house...you are invited!!!
Post a Comment