Some of the goings-ons at the Snows this past month.... (sorry, Jennet. No pix!)
*The Suburban's fuel pump broke two weeks ago. $$$ eek!
*The fridge went out on Sat. $$$ eek!
*We bought a new fridge (with water and ice!) and a new Cal King mattress for Mark and I (on sale at RCWilley, where we got free hot dogs and soda:) and a rug for the living room (Costco, with a coupon -$79.99 - not too bad)
*Brett started baseball. New team name (Cardinals), new coach, half of the kids he knows. This coach's "idea of having fun is winning." Brett is unsure about liking this season. The coach is pretty intense.
*We learned a game called Wealth of Nations. Pretty fun!
* I signed to volunteer at ConQuest SAC. Am teaching Puerto Rico and Traders and Barbarians..which I need to practice.
*Tori is officially going to Whitney next year. She is not enrolled in classes yet but plans on taking Algebra II(I took that in 11th grade), Ceramics and is unsure about the other elective as yet...thinking about Culinary Arts, Leadership and Journalism.
*Karlee and Bren will be going to Rocklin's new elementary, Sunset Ranch, next year.
*Yesterday, I took the kids to Hidden Falls Regional Park for a hike. This morning, at various time, they all told me the same thing...."My butt hurts. I think I slept funny." hahahahaha
*Tori is giving a talk on Sunday.
*Karlee got her cast off. She walked around the entire day holding her arm like it was still on. Funny girl!
*Bren started Kids Art and is loving it!
*Got a free freezer off of freecycle two days before the fridge broke. Perfect timing!
*Tori is signed up for EFY.
*We have had a huge increase in signups for the driving school. While this is wonderful, track has started (yes, the dreaded 'spring' is here) and now Mark has less time to drive. Makes me a bit nervous about keeping all these customers happy.
*We tried the new mexican restaurant in town, Casa Ramos. It was super crowded, long wait and food was just ok.
*Took the kids to see Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief. You always about worry books-turned-movie totally bombing, but they did a good job with this one.
*I knew I would have a hard time with an on-line class...and I was right. Just another affirmation that self discipline is not my forte.
*Actually got a call from a lady/girl I visit teach to help her with something. I can't recall that ever happening to me before. It was great!
*Have yet to open the Biggest Loser exercise video I bought two weeks ago. (blushing happy face guy goes right here)
* Feel like I have been the slacker...everything(insert mom, wife, student, friend) lately. I think I have 10 loads of laundry to do tomorrow. I still haven't gotten around to learning to upload pix from the camera, though I have actually been taken pictures. (I'v been keeping it in my purse (it is small and light) and I haven't had to charge it for almost a month. The other camera went out in less than hour so I am very happy!) The office is a disaster, like always. BUT as of this very moment, the floor is mopped and clean. :P
*Mark is gone on overnighters the next two Fridays.(scouts and track) Weird. I dunno how people do the travel thing all the time.
*Bren invited 3 friends over to play "restaurant" She spent two days getting ready...making menus, cleaning her room, setting up the tables. So dang cute!
*Took the kids to the Crocker Art Musuem on free musuem day. It was great! They really enjoyed it. Bren especially liked learning about the artists and liked the landscapes. She thought still-lifes were "boring." The rest of the kids liked the contempory art room the best. Karlee liked it best when I let go of her hand. :)
Anyway, I was hoping to finish another load tonight but it's 1:24am and the Diet Coke is wearing off. Better hit the hay!
2 comments:
Hahahaha! I always read your posts, pictures or not! I should have worded that a little differently on my blog. What I meant was, I am a very visual person so when there are pictures, I get a little more excited to read a post than when there are no pictures, but I am still excited to read it :) Thanks for thinking of me though! :)
I love your posts...they are so true to life! But I realize I need to blog more about my everyday things and not so much on exciting things! You have inspired me thanks!
Post a Comment