Thursday, May 20, 2010

Accident Prone

Karlee has to be our most accident prone child. Even Brett, with all his scrapes and bruises, can't compete. Yesterday, being Waffle Cone Wed, we met the Dredges at TCBY. While Debbie and I talked the kids were eating their yogurt and running up and down the narrow sidewalk. They decided it was a good idea to race back and being the smallest, Karlee got josseled and fell. As you can see, her face took the brunt of the fall. Her knee and hand also have small scrapes. Needless to say, there was alot of screaming and crying. Luckily, the day before I had restocked the car's first aid kit. It didn't look nearly this bad when I was cleaning it out. I told her she'd have a bruise and that she needed to be brave, which she usually latches onto and sucks it up. I was surpised that it took her longer than normal to calm down. We were headed to swimming lessons (which she got out of) and as we were sitting by the pool the swelling started and you could see how bad it really was. After swimming we stopped for dinner and then went to Open House, where she milked it for all it is worth. She may not be top of her class in reading, but she can sure manipulate any sistuation to her advantage. :)


2 comments:

Karen said...

Poor baby! It looks like it hurts. why not get what you can out of an injury! She doesn't look too upset!

Tupou's said...

poor kid! that looks like it hurts... love ya

About Us

MARK AND KARINA GOT MARRIED ON DECEMBER 17, 1994. TORI - 14 years old, likes tennis BRETT - 12years old, likes baseball and Social Studies. BRENNA - 8 years old, likes singing and drawing KARLEE - 6years old, likes watching movies and dancing. We are very blessed and happy!