Wednesday, February 9, 2011

February Stuff

Karlee had a slightly loose tooth two nights ago. But true to Karlee's nature, she persisted (and I mean 24/7) in playing with it (twisting, pulling, tugging) until it came out last night. She has the cutest little smile you ever did see.

I've been reading the book "The Happiness Project" by Gretchin Rubin. Not a fast read but very thought provoking and inspiring. I would recommend it.

We need to laugh more.

Went to see TNT's Shakepeare 101. Loved it! It'll be fun to see how Brett does in this troupe in the future.

Tori and I are cutting out foods from our diet. Last week we cut out candy. This week it is donuts. Next week is everything (brownies, cake, ice cream, fries, take-out) but cookies. We thought we better have one treat available to us while we get used to not having the rest. We decided to keep cookies cuz we never make them...they take so much more time than, say Brownies...which we have way too much and are what really prompted this whole thing.

Track started this week. Which means we've entered the "Karina as a single-parent" season. I am hoping the laughing goal will help ease the stress...as well as evenings spent with my other work-widow friends.

Brenna went to her first "Rookie Rock Rollers" club. This is the junior club for Roseville Rock Rollers..the Roseville Gem and Mineral society. She LOVED it! Junior members are not charged to go use and get help at the lapidary shop. She thinks she will be going alot. I hope to accomodate her as much as possible.

We always thought Bren would love piano but whenever it is time to practice she moans and groans. Karlee, on the other hand, plays all the time. Often, when I tell Bren to go practise, Karlee will say, "Oh! I will!" So starting Saturday she is starting piano lessons with Abner too. She is very excited.

I need to encourage Brett to practice his trumpet more. He says he really likes to play. I was considering lessons twice a month. We'll see. Hopefully at the new house we set up a better place for him to play.

That's it for now. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

Great updates! Thanks!
Tate

Tupou's said...

love the updates, love the new house. cant wait too come visit. love you guys

About Us

MARK AND KARINA GOT MARRIED ON DECEMBER 17, 1994. TORI - 14 years old, likes tennis BRETT - 12years old, likes baseball and Social Studies. BRENNA - 8 years old, likes singing and drawing KARLEE - 6years old, likes watching movies and dancing. We are very blessed and happy!