Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Annual Cookie Testing Day



Two Sundays ago we had our annual cookie testing day. The goal is to find the one cookie mom will make for the Dredge's cookie exchange. The ideal cookie is flavorful with minimal ingredients (I have to make 12 dozen) and is easily packaged. We try to test cookies early so mom can make the one she wants (if someone has already submitted the one I want I have to chose another.) So recipes were collected and decided on, ingredients bought, a date was set and testers were notified (the kids, Mark, Mom & Dad and the missionaries). Mark and Brenna took the most difficult(Raspberry Fans)and did a wonderful job. We found out Brenna is quite the baker and she was very responsible in doing her part. Their cookies were delicious but not easily packaged. Mom made 5-6 other kinds. The testers came and while they liked most of them (there was one I wouldn't even eat) the Lemon Lime Crinkles won the test. Mom was very glad as these were the easiest to make. :)

Well, Debbie called today and cancelled the cookie exchange. I am not too sad (I think the neightbors might be dissappointed this year) but am still glad for a fun annual cookie testing day. Now I get to make ornaments to exchange instead. :)

2 comments:

Cheney Family said...

I think if you do it again next year, I will invite myself to be a tester too ;)

loubige said...

Karina! Looks like you guys have been busy---I remember you being such a great cook, you always had a great menu planned everyweek--I was always inspired by you!!
Halloween looks like it was a good time for the family.
I like the color of the wall, pretty choice.
Hope you are doing well!
Lou Ann

About Us

MARK AND KARINA GOT MARRIED ON DECEMBER 17, 1994. TORI - 14 years old, likes tennis BRETT - 12years old, likes baseball and Social Studies. BRENNA - 8 years old, likes singing and drawing KARLEE - 6years old, likes watching movies and dancing. We are very blessed and happy!