Friday, December 5, 2008

Concert



I know you all remembered I was going to the Celtic Thunder concert last night and are now dying to know all about it! ;)
Before I go into detail, I must comment on the photo. We parked by the staff and walked by their trucks, which were ready to be loaded. We took some photos but, as you can see, they didn't turn out very well. It was extremely foggy. If I get copies of Debbie's I'll post them. I was going to try to sneak pix in the concert but we had the nazi door lady standing right behind us. I got one shot off right when the lights came up but we were so far away you can't see anything. Debbie got two with her phone. One of us during intermission. The second was right when the lights went down and the door lady was right there..."Put your phone away...yap yap yap."
We sat by a lady in her late 70's who crooned the whole time. It was hilarious! She kept calling the guys sex pots and wishing she was 60 yrs younger. We laughed the whole time! It is great when you end up sitting next to decent people. Her husband must be very patient....like ours! :)
Two years has done wonders for these guys! Wow! Damien's (16 yrs) voice is gorgeous and has matured nicely. It was fun to see how he's grown as an entertainer. He definitley looked more comfortable. Keith was fabulous, of course. The crowd went crazy when he said "Hello Sacramento" with his sweet accent. We all wanted to hear them talk..so beautiful! haha Ryan was very theatical, which we knew, but I enjoyed it so much more in person. He did a great job. Paul's operatic voice gave me chills. Two of the songs endings that are spectacular and he nailed them! He was also very comical inbetween songs and showed off some leg and danced alittle when they came out in kilts. Very entertaining! :) I thought George's voice was much improved as well. I have always loved the deep bass and enjoyed his voice on the Cd but in person...wow! I appreciated his songs even more. The instrumentals were very fun...several drum solos...can never get enough drums and a violinist solo..or it might have been a fiddle.
We were wishing the whoel time that 1- we had better seat. We were in the second to last row. I don't understand the appeal of box seats which are even higher. And 2- that our kids were with us. We have notified our dear hubbies that if go do another show those two things will happen and we are more than happy to give up our girl movies and breakfasts for it.
It was a fabulous evening and I hope they come out with another show in the future!

1 comment:

Cheney Family said...

Sounds like so much fun! Glad you enjoyed it :)

About Us

MARK AND KARINA GOT MARRIED ON DECEMBER 17, 1994. TORI - 14 years old, likes tennis BRETT - 12years old, likes baseball and Social Studies. BRENNA - 8 years old, likes singing and drawing KARLEE - 6years old, likes watching movies and dancing. We are very blessed and happy!