Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas

We had a fabulous Christmas with all 37 Snows!! Christmas Eve Tori opened her gifts and then Grandma had a activity about the birth of the Savior for the kids. We then had Tori's favorite, brownies and ice cream. I can't believe she's 13. Gigi told me when she was born to enjoy every minute because it will go by so fast. At the time I nodded at her and said "Sure Grandma" not really believing, or rather, understanding how true she was. It seems like yesterday Tori was tottling around talking in the high pitched little voice she used to have. Anyway....I better move on before I get emotional.

Christmas morning started out with the traditional pictures of the kids lined up on the stairs youngest to oldest ready to make their appearance in the family to say Merry Christmas! to the video camera and go collect their stockings. I love that tradition!! The kids got what they wanted ...we'd prepped them all year Santa wa sonly bringing one smaller thing because of Disneyland sop everyone was happy. :) Santa did bring Mark and I the same book. What are the chances of that? Mark said he'd spent an hour in B&N looking for a book. (He was kind and let me exchange mine.)
We had a lovely day visiting and playing with our new toys. See the pic of Karl's helicopter. It was fun until it kept getting caught in people hair! :) Friday, 5 of girls went to see Twilight. So fun! Saturday we had fun celebrating Kira's 1st birthday. She went to town on her cupcake. So cute! That night we had our Snow Family Talent Show, Dinner and Dance. Thanks to Heather for organizing this! It was a BLAST!! We did a skit to Snowman II, Tori played the trumpet and Brett and Karlee sang the Peanut Butter song. Everyone did a wonderful job but I have to say Bryan and Heather's dance was WOW! After a pizza dinner, we had a dance. The kids had fun showing off their moves. Every couple had given "their song" to Heather so we played each of those and we enjoyed getting thrown back in time, dancing with our sweeties. OK, some of us where thrown back alittle farther than others. We loved seeing everyone and being reminded why we love each every one of them. It was fun, engaging, slightly overwelming and thoroughly fabulous holiday!

1 comment:

Cheney Family said...

Sounds like you guys had an awesome trip! It does sound funny saying Tori is 13. I remember when she was a little little kid, I was bbsitting her when we all lived in Simi. I took her to Royal to say hi to all the teachers and they all thought she was my kid lol. that was fun ;)

Your talent show/ dance looks fun too! Did you play all the "Stake dance song's" ? :)

About Us

MARK AND KARINA GOT MARRIED ON DECEMBER 17, 1994. TORI - 14 years old, likes tennis BRETT - 12years old, likes baseball and Social Studies. BRENNA - 8 years old, likes singing and drawing KARLEE - 6years old, likes watching movies and dancing. We are very blessed and happy!