Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New Wall

Tori and Brett have been talking about changing their room for the last couple of weeks. It's a tough project. Boy and girl in same room. Limited space. Little $ to work with. After several discussions they decided they could live with their current comforters, which saved $ but meant we kept the color scheme basically the same....which is good cuz I really didn't want to paint over navy blue. They requested being able to put stuff on the walls and they wanted posters. They went through ideas like space, polka dots, stripes, checks, etc... Then we talked about the room being able to last through their teen years. I found some cool LDS art in prints and posters, had them look them over and they agreed that would be the best way to go. Easiest and cheapest.

I already had the paint. I got the bulletin boards for $4.99 each at Ikea. I was thrilled at this as the same thing at JoAnn's was $6.99 each and making my own (which is what I was first going to do) was over $25 total. I had coupons for the LDS bookstore so I saved $15 on the art and already had the frames. The posters are in the mail but got a $4 dicount on the 2 so was pleased there also. I thought about getting vinyl lettering made with inspirational quotes but after looking the prices up online decided to print them off at home and mat them on cardstock. Same idea, no $. So for about $40 we got a new wall. The bonus is, it really balances out the room. Here is what it looks like....

Tori chose a picture of Samuel the Lamanite. There is a scripture in the top left corner. These will go on the wall next to the door.


This is the poster Brett chose. It is of the Army of Helaman.


We lucked out that the colors in the posters are browns, reds and blues...our colors. Perfect. The kids are really happy with it and I am so glad. Not bad for an afternoon of work.

1 comment:

Cheney Family said...

I love Brett's poster, Tori's too, but Brett's made me think of Lord of the Rings when Strider, the dwarf, and the elf jump off the ship with the ghost guys behind them...know what I'm talking about? Very cool :)

About Us

MARK AND KARINA GOT MARRIED ON DECEMBER 17, 1994. TORI - 14 years old, likes tennis BRETT - 12years old, likes baseball and Social Studies. BRENNA - 8 years old, likes singing and drawing KARLEE - 6years old, likes watching movies and dancing. We are very blessed and happy!