I am taking a quick break from cleaning to complain. Does anyone else get overwhelmed and annoyed by laundry? I just can't seem to embrace the concept that once I get it done, it magically appears right behind me. Last week I closed my eyes, covered my ears and stuck my tongue out at the laundry build up. (If you buy more underwear you can go longer between loads) Of course by the end of the week, it (and the kids) were screaming so loud it could no longer be ignored so I started the 2-3 day process of cleaning
everything. And I mean
everything. By the way, I think kids put clean clothes in the hamper on purpose. I finished on Fri. Yipee! One of Tori and Karlee's chores is to sort the clothes on Saturdays. Karlee does the whites and Tori does the rest. I had just cleaned
everything so how much could there be, right? As it turns out....QUITE ALOT! Ugh!

Once again, I turned around and there are more and more and more loads. I am trying to appreciate this time in my life, when there are 4 kids underfeet, and toys (and of course laundry) everywhere. The wise older sisters in the ward advise us to embrace and love this time because someday I will, supposedly, miss it. I really am trying but somedays it doesn't quite help. Right now, what I'd appreciate more is a magic wand and some chocolate.
3 comments:
i think we could appreciate "this time of our lives" more if we had maids!!! i understand your pain and i only have one. its amazing how much laundry one baby can produce!
jody
I'm right there with ya! For the second time, I recently went through all the dressers and pulled out the things I know I haven't washed in the last couple weeks. I figure if I haven't washed it, they aren't wearing it, so out it goes. I did this 6 months ago to get rid of things at our wards "Give Away Garage Sale" and had 3 (YES 3) long tables of only the clothes I was getting rid of. Our next give away is in May and I already have 2 garbage bags of things. Luckily the 3 older girls are wearing basically the same size so everything is shared. I'm dreading the time when they all have their own things and I can't just throw them all in one pile.
I guess I should be grateful mine are little enough that they don't randomly put things in the wash. I can still manage to do mine and Chris' in 3 loads and the kids in another 2 - yippee!!! I would love another set of washer/dryer though just to speed it up. Guess i would need a bigger laundry room to accommodate it thought, haha!!
Post a Comment