I made a decision yesterday. It was to ask Dee Ann if she still had 'Princess Academy', this month's book club book. I honestly wasn't planning on reading it and hadn't even decided on whether to go tonight. I am gone so often at night I wasn't sure I wanted to spend another night away from home. But I asked. I wrote the question out and pushed send. She was online and instantly answered me, saying she could bring it over in half an hour. In 30 minutes I went from not reading this book and probably not going to book club to having the book and going to book club.
I had a little over 24 hours to read this book. Last night, at 9:45, after we got home from Brett's game (they won 6-1) and everyone settled in, I made another choice. To read a little while before going to bed. Mark was watching a movie (Bedtime Stories, very cute) which I had already seen so reading is the normal choice for me. No biggie. 11:30ish the movie was over. I keep reading. 12:30 I realize Mark is still up. This is odd. Well, if he's up I'll keep reading. At some point he went to bed. He must have because he was asleep when I went to lay down. At 1:30 I was closer to the end than the beginning of the book and the climax is starting (I like this character. She's spunky. But just tell Peder you like him already.) 2:00, just a bit more to go, I might as well finish. 2:30, I thought 'That was an enjoyable book. I am glad Karlee has preschool tomorrow cuz I am going to feel this' It is now 8:30am and I am half asleep, trying to decide if sleeping would be better than working out (ok, I know it's not. I'll be at the gym at 10:00) After all, a grumpy mommy makes for a grumpy house, right. Well, here's my last decision. I will not be grumpy. I will accept the consequences of my decision to ask Dee Ann for this book and bear them well. It is amazing what one small choice can lead to, for good or bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment