Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Ham Radio
For all those interested, I passed my Ham Radio test this month and just got my call sign. It's KI6ZIJ. I am looking forward to 'hamming' it up on the air waves in the near future. A friend in my ward already asked when I was going to upgrade my license. It took me 5 months to get this one, so it'll be at least October before I get to it. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Us
- THE SNOW FAMILY
- MARK AND KARINA GOT MARRIED ON DECEMBER 17, 1994. TORI - 14 years old, likes tennis BRETT - 12years old, likes baseball and Social Studies. BRENNA - 8 years old, likes singing and drawing KARLEE - 6years old, likes watching movies and dancing. We are very blessed and happy!
7 comments:
Cool! Congratulations!
what is Ham Radio? and license for what?
Ham radio is amatuer radio...kinda like CB's. You have to pass a test and get a license to talk on one. There are three levels of licenses, each with different priviledges. Ham radios are used alot in the church for emergencies. Our stake needed more operators so I studied and did it. I haven't used mine yet but hope to on Sun...our stake gets on every Sun at 9pm.
Awesome! Mark and I are going to pick a set time to get on every Sunday with a friend so we can get used to it. We have a set station we will be on (and a secondary one if the first has traffic) I was going to upgrade my license but when I started studying, I had to reread every sentence to figure out what it was talking about lol, so I got a vanity call sign instead ;) I can't wait to talk with you on it...yeah for free long distance calls :)
p.s. Brooke wants to know if Tori and Brett are going to take the test too. She wants to, but doesn't want to talk to us boring adults
They want to but seeing me stress out did not comfort them. (I hate tests.) Maybe during the summer they can study up!?!
Great Job!! What does it take to take the test, etc. Do you have your own radio and how much does it cost? I always thought it would be a good idea to get a license.
The test is 35 questions and costs about 15-20 to take. You do not have to have a radio to take it. I got my radio used for 85. It's 12 yrs old. New ones cost 200ish.
Post a Comment