Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Confession

I was in the bedroom when Mark got home today. I had gotten up to meet him and ran into him as he walked into the room. "Hi!" he said. I smiled and said "Hi! How was your day?" He looked at me funny...and said "What?" He had noticed the guilty expression on my face. "Nothing!' I replied. "What'd you do?" he asked. I remainded silent but smiled again, hoping not to have to say it. "Ahh," he said. I have a smart husband. When I said, Nothing, he knew I meant NOTHING. I'd done nothing all day! We are leaving to go camping tomorroe and I did NOTHING...except for read. Quickly I say, "I did wash the car today!" He smiled. I'd also made cupcakes for RS but the mess is still in the kitchen so I didn't want to point that out.

You see, I've read 3 books in the last 3 days. I can't fall asleep til after 1am and I've been sleeping in. Yes, I know, I'm in a rut. I am in denile about being home and having to actually DO something, like cook meals and entertain the kids. On my defense, I have done the laundry...well, most of it. But the kids have done and eaten pretty much what they've wanted. Knowing I need to go back to school for a future career has me in flux. At times I am excited, researching all the possibilities for my new future....and other times, I hide away, wanting only to stay in my bubble of car pooling, PTO and play dates. I realize I can't stay in the make believe word books allow me to visit but sometimes the repreave is sooo relieving. When I come out of it, tackling life seems alittle more possible.

I appreciate my patient and tolerant husband. Though sometimes I have to remind him that it could be worse... I could be a shopaholic instead of a readaholic. :)

3 comments:

Cheney Family said...

LOL, Karina, thats too funny. Mark actually hid the books you lent me so I wouldn't do that (but I found them pretty quickly :P). I figure I have a few more weeks till the kids are in school and I can clean when they're gone. True, I'm using paper towels for plates and seem to have run out of bread and eggs, but its alright ;)

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

Go back to school??? What the heck? Future career? Huh??? What's all this talk about?
Tate

gina snow said...

That is funny!!!! Love you guys.. and miss you!

About Us

MARK AND KARINA GOT MARRIED ON DECEMBER 17, 1994. TORI - 14 years old, likes tennis BRETT - 12years old, likes baseball and Social Studies. BRENNA - 8 years old, likes singing and drawing KARLEE - 6years old, likes watching movies and dancing. We are very blessed and happy!