Thursday, August 20, 2009

The First Day of School

The first day of school has finally come and gone! The kids were all very excited. Here are some pix with them in their new duds.


Brenna with her 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Riddagh. She is an excellent teacher and we are very excited Bren's in her class.

Yesterday at the Kindergarten orientation Karlee met Ava and they became instant friends. Today they saw each other and Ava yelled, "Karlee!!" So fun! Hopefully they will be good friends.

The first part of a Kindergarten day is always table time. After watching Karlee for about 15 minutes, I noticed that the room was FULL of parents. I had been talking with another parent and said I was going to get going. She was surprised I was leaving already. ???? Then I wondered, was there was an official welcome I was supposed to stay for. I asked Mrs. Maul and she said No, so I left a very happy Karlee with a kiss and a "be good". The room was still full of parents when I left so I am wondering how long those parents stayed and whether Mrs. Maul had to kick them out. :)

Coming out of her room at the end of the day. She had a great day. We got home and she slept for 2 hours!!


Tori and Brett both had a great day as well. Tori said it felt like they'd never left..mostly because her classes are the same as last year...same kids and same teachers. She starts geometry this year...she's in 8th..I had it in 10th. Crazy!! Thanks to Uncle Eric for the much needed scientific calculator. They do have a new science teacher, whom both of them are very excited about. They are already talking about the "labs' they are doing next week. Brett's schedule is a bit mixed up. He was not put in band. Hopefully they can fix it (as he's already been practicing the trumpet) but it doesn't sound very promising. We'll see what happens. I can be an annoyingly persistant parent, but hopefully it won't come down to that.

About an hour ago Brett said, "I am excited to get on with it. I am excited to do homework." Mom: "You are excited to do homework???!!" Brett: "Yes. To see what we are going to learn. I'm excited to get to know the other kids." Well, I must say I admire his attitude. He is one of 7 boys in a class of 30. Three other kids (only one boy!) made it into Performing Arts from our elementary school. He knows alot of the girls but, you know, they are girls and you can't "hang out" with them...at least not for a couple of years. Luckily he's excited about making new friends and has already collected phone #'s and email addresses.

No comments:

About Us

MARK AND KARINA GOT MARRIED ON DECEMBER 17, 1994. TORI - 14 years old, likes tennis BRETT - 12years old, likes baseball and Social Studies. BRENNA - 8 years old, likes singing and drawing KARLEE - 6years old, likes watching movies and dancing. We are very blessed and happy!