On Saturday afternoon we headed up to the ranch for the evening. We got there and kids automatically run to see the goats. The kids(goats) are getting so big! There are 10 of them and they are are different colors and sizes. Nana put name tags on their ears so we could tell them apart. So fun!
As we were milling around, Brett walked out to the big pasture with Sugar. Then she bolts off, running full on. Brett thought she was going to chase the goats and was yelling at her, but she leaps over the goats and that's when we see the chickens had flown over the fence and are in the big pasture. Brett was yelling at Sugar to stop, Nana was yelling and running, Papa was yelling and running. All but one of the chickens escape Sugar's reach. The unlucky one is now in Sugar's mouth and she is sprinting away from Papa, who running full on trying to catch up. I honestly don't think I've seen him run that fast before. Sugar runs to "her place" in the goat pasture and we are thinking that this chicken is a goner. She's not making a peep. We are all now thinking about roast chicken, chicken soup, etc.... Dad finally gets to Sugar, who dropped the chicken and we hear some feeble clucks. Hearing this, Sugar goes after it again but Papa rescues it and Nana takes her. Some feathers are ruffled but nothing was broken. She's put down in the chicken coop and flys up to her bed on her own. Phew! Meanwhile, Sugar is feeling Papa's wrath and after seeing that, I don't think my kids will be stealing chickens anytime soon. :)
After that excitement we headed down to the lake to see the new dock, which is beautiful! No more stepping in mud to get in the boats! Fishing will be so enjoyable. Papa and Mark got the paddleboat/peddleboat(we can't agree on what it's called) set up and the kids went for a ride. Very nice addition to the lake toys. We escpecially like that the kids can do it on their own. No paddles involved! Another bonus - sitting on the dock felt about 10 degrees cooler than sitting by the stuga. The kids are thinking it's the perfect place for a sleepover.
We enjoyed a lovely meal and played pinnocle while the kids watched "Cake Boss"(what a weird show...a show about cakes...who thinks of these things?) I was hesitant to play pinnocle because I haven't had good luck for about..the past 2 years!!! Mom and I start off good, we are ahead but after over an hour we are only at the half way point and we start losing and losing bad. I told them. I told them we should have played something else. Either they got tired of me complaining or they are sick of the game too, cuz they finally agree to stop and play Ticket to Ride. I love saying "I told you so!" JK!!
It was the perfect way to spend our last Saturday of the summer!
2 comments:
We had fun, too! It was great to see the dock being used. As you probably saw from my email, it seems both "paddleboat" or "peddle boat" are correct. We have several picnics by the lake planned for September, so we're not done yet! I'm really glad you enjoyed it!
How funny that Sugar dropped the chicken? That's pretty neat. I wish I could have seen both her and dad running at top speed. haha
Tate
Post a Comment