Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Utah Trip

Last week my mom and I drove Tori and her friend Emilee to EFY in Provo. We got to visit Ginger and Eric and kids and Kent on Sunday and Mon we took the girls to BYU. Their housing was all messed up and it took 4 hours to get it staightened out but in the end they were roommates so it was worth it. Next we went to visit my parents close friends and my old Sunday school teachers. The Jorgenson's.
This is a picture of the Jorgenson's library... it fill's their entire basement. In every room in their house they have bookshelves filled with books. They also have a storage room full of boxes of books..and every book has been catagorized. I was just a wee but green...I have to remember...someday!!!



Next we went to see my cousin Leigh Ann and her family. Leigh lives in Logan so we started our temple tour there. On Tuesday we did inititories, which Leigh hasn't done since she got her own. My mom works in the Sacramento Temple so she was very interested in seeing how each temple operates. The weather was also fascinating to watch. Storms blew through in the night and the mornings would be blue and beautiful..well, until the end of the week when the storm stayed put.

Mom and I in front of the Logan Temple. We went out for Sushi with Leigh and then we drove down to Boutiful.


Since we were already a mess from initiatories in Logan we thought we should do them again..so we did that in Bountiful. I had been there before for a friend's wedding and remember being struck by the beauty of the celestial room and was once again in awe. So wonderful!


We stayed in the Homewood Suites in Midvale. It came with free breakast AND dinner and had a living area and kitchenette. Can you believe that! We were dorks and took pics!


On Wed we went to Salt Lake. We did sealings and a Live session. I loved the different perspective a live session gave me. I would highly recommended it! We toured the conderence center, which mom has never seen, and then had lunch at the Garden Restaurant on top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Bldg...I've always wanted to go there! It was wonderful! We were exhausted and went back to the hotel early and had a lazy evening.


On Thursday we went to the Oquirrh Temple on the west side of the Salt Lake Valley. Steve and Megan Gladwell live in the neighborhood right next to it. It was very simple and modern, kind of minimilistic. The architecture was straight lined but beautiful. Our session was so big they brought in 17 extra chairs. It was very busy and there was alot of energy there....so many workers! After this we went to a hawaiian eatery for lunch and then to a spa for facials and a pedicure.


On Friday we checked out of the hotel and drove down to Utah Valley. This is the Mount Timp Temple. What a beautiful temple!!!! They were not finished building this one when Mark and I graduated so I have never seen it. Of the newer temples, it is in my top three. The celestial room was so peaceful and I especially felt the spirit here.

After that we went down to BYU's Musuem of Art and then met Tori and Em at the BYU bookstore...Tori had lost her sweater and needed/wanted a new one..it was pouring outside. Then we met Kent at the Scottish Festival. It was very wet and windy but the experience of the Mast Bands (pipe bands) doing the Tattoo was worth it! I didn't want the camera to get wet so I have no pix. I regret that but oh well.
It was a GREAT trip!

1 comment:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

looks like an amazing trip. that would be so much fun to go to lots of temples. my parents do that too. maybe one day tate and i can.
jody

About Us

MARK AND KARINA GOT MARRIED ON DECEMBER 17, 1994. TORI - 14 years old, likes tennis BRETT - 12years old, likes baseball and Social Studies. BRENNA - 8 years old, likes singing and drawing KARLEE - 6years old, likes watching movies and dancing. We are very blessed and happy!